Sunday, April 10, 2016

Michael: The Postman Never Rings At All


The bulging knuckles
Of the witch’s hands meekly
Droop toward the earth.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

When we need to send documents here we use a private courier system like Fed Ex. There are post offices here, but no Postman like delivery service. The post offices have P.O. boxes, but we don’t know anyone that has one.

 Airbox Express is a company that we have a contract with to have mail delivered to us from the states, but unfortunately their office in Volcan isn’t set up to send packages yet. To send our notarized documents to our custom’s agent, I walked to Uno Express near the parque in Volcan.

 Here is the address I was told to send the documents to:

Panaglobal Logistics Solutions
Vista Hermosa Calle Primera
Edif. Movisa (la calle del corcel)
Panama City

This is how mail is done here. Notice there are no address numbers. Mail is routed by referencing cross streets and building names.

The very nice clerk at Uno spoke a little English and the first thing she did was get up and walk to a poster and asked if I wanted my envelope delivered there. That was a Vista Hermosa drop off and that would only cost me $4. To send it to the Movisa building in Panama City would cost $12. I opted for the building drop off for $12. She told me it would be delivered the next day and I was on my way back home.

$12 for overnight delivery for a distance that’s comparable to L.A. to San Francisco seems reasonable to me. But the lack of building addresses and zip codes still makes me a bit nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment