Thursday, April 14, 2016
Michael: Play
The sun and the mist
Swirled into a mixture
Of spring refreshment.
Monday, April 11, 2016
This was a very lucky weekend for me.
On Saturday, on my way back up the hill from Bugaba, I looked down at my front wheel and noticed what I thought was a discoloration on a new a brand new tire. It wasn’t. Apparently, I hadn’t installed the tire properly and part of the bead had come off the rim. I was lucky I hadn’t chosen a very treacherous route or I could’ve easily rolled the tire off and taken a nasty fall.
Yesterday, for the first time in almost a year and a half of living here, someone actually ran with me on part of a trail. I happen to pass a large group on a very steep down hill section and since everyone was carrying a decent size pack, I didn’t figure anyone would give chase. But I could here that one person, I presumed a young guy, was trying to keep up and he did for about a quarter of a mile until I caught up with Kimme and stopped to tell her I was going to run until the paved road, then I’d walk until she caught up with me.
I encouraged the guy to continue running but he pointed to his somewhat rotund belly and displayed his non-gloved hands, and I understood. But it was fun to do “the boys will be boys” thing for at least a short stretch of the trail.
I’ve never enjoyed getting hurt. I’d be very happy if I never fall again, though I somewhat expect that’s not very plausible. But here I am, almost 60 and I still like to go “Whee!” downhill on a bike and I still like to play chase in the woods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment