Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Michael: Snapped
The cold bites the nose,
Fingertips and toes without
Drawing any blood.
Sunday, April 3, 2016
Two items that are always on my To - Do list are to write and exercise every morning. On our long errand day Friday I did get up early enough to write, but I didn’t exercise.
That was the third day this year I missed. Prior to that I had gone about 800 days without missing a day of exercise. Since Halloween of 2011 I’ve missed 4 days. I have a workout scheduled for everyday. My intention is to one day cross the 1,000 day in a row barrier. But I’m just trying to take it day by day and not become too neurotic about it.
After all, the goal really should be to live a long healthy life. The streak helps, but an occasional day off wouldn’t set me back, and in the case of injury or illness, would probably be advisable. But I like streaks and I am a bit neurotic about certain things.
I figure April Fools Day, just like Halloween, is a good day to start another streak.
Next Tuesday we have another long errand day planned and if I’ve learned anything during this attempt to workout everyday it’s that on long errand days, I should get up a little earlier than normal and get my workout in before the day gets away from me.
Some day I’ll get there. One day at a time. On some days that’s going to have to be one very early morning at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment