Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Michael: Cedula Update


The clouds cry all night
So we can enjoy the days
Of warm bright colors.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

On my return from the airport from dropping Kimme off I decided to again see if our cedulas were ready to pick up. Since I’d been to the Tribunal Electoral before I knew the drill, which isn’t complicated; show the attendant near the door my document showing that I’m there to pick up my I.D. He tells me to go to the last window. I give the paper to the lady. She finds my card. She ask for an electronic index fingerprint. And, voila (or whatever the Spanish equivalent is - I’m not there yet), I’m done. I now have an E - Cedula, a permanent residency card.

I couldn’t pick up Kimme’s because I didn’t have her finger with me.

From an aesthetic point of view it’s a bit disappointing compared to my now outdated Pensionado card. It’s a very simple card with light blue at the the bottom with a globe to the right, then your basic white up top, with flat black lettering. In contrast, the Pensionado is tri-colored and much more festive looking; small white strip at the bottom, large lime green section in the middle, with a dark blue section at the top that has a nice shiny brass badge of some type in the upper right hand corner.

They do have different numbers which is why the Pensionado should be useless, which is why I’m going to carry it around locally. If I lose it, no big deal as the numbers on it won’t get anyone very far. I’ll use my Cedula when conducting business or traveling.

After leaving the Tribunal, card in hand, I did get turned around a bit trying to find the bus station to return to Volcan, even though I’ve walked the route before and it’s only a few blocks away. But I don’t blame David’s confusing layout for that. In L.A. I’d get turned around on simple trails I’ve done multiple times. I suppose that’s why I like to go exploring. It’s going to happen anyways, might as well do it with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment