Monday, June 20, 2016

Michael: Hechos, No Palabras


As blues as the sky
Dragonfly hovers above
The sparkling flowers.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

“Deeds, Not Words,” plastered on a billboard with the picture of a decent looking man wearing glasses was the only indication to me of political activity in this country until I met some runners here earlier this week.

They informed that in 2019 where they and I live will become a separate district from Volcan and will be represented in congress as the Tierras Altas.
Since we’ve been here, I was completely unaware that I was in a district and I’m presuming that if we’re here in 2019 I won’t much feel the change of being in a new district. And that’s not to knock Panama. In the states I knew the mayor’s name, but had no idea what congressional district I was in or who represented me.

But maybe things work differently here and local politics means something. Heck, maybe it means something in the states and I was just too cynical or lazy to put in the effort to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment