Friday, June 17, 2016

Michael: A Running Partner?


The chattering calls
Of the pair of woodpeckers
was quite humorous.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

There are a few more runners here than cyclists, but that isn’t saying much. Rarely have I ridden with anyone for long and I’ve never run with anyone here outside of Kimme. That should change tomorrow.

Yesterday, while I was doing my hill speed work, two runners who spoke very good English stopped to chat with me for a bit. Mainly it was to inquire if I’d be interested in helping out if the group they’re associated with could get a ½ road marathon race together. Sure, that would be fun.

Neither they nor I had or phones with us so I asked them when they would be running again and I’d pass along my contact information to them then. I told them I’d be running on the jeep  road to the springs on Wednesday. Mario, the younger of the two, said that would be great as he’s training for a Q50 trail run in Costa Rica in October.

Wow, a trail runner as well as a road runner here. That’s a rare combination. I’ve never seen anyone else running on the trails around here. They both live just up the street so tomorrow I’ll head off on a run with someone else beside Kimme for the first time since we’ve lived here in Panama. Kind of exciting.

I doubt it’ll lead to many more runs together. In all my life in the states, I never put much effort into finding someone to run with. But if it led to an occasional run and/or finding out about new roads, trails and races around here, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment