Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Michael: What's in Your Wallet?
What is there to see
But an ocean of green leaves,
Gray skies and raindrops.
Sunday, June 19, 2016
We have two monthly payments here, our rent and our storage fee. Our landlord we pay in cash. The storage fee we… also pay in cash. And that’s not uncommon here; for businesses not to accept credit card payments. Which can be a big pain in the butt.
Take our storage unit, which is a two hour bus ride away. If I don’t want to make that drive I’ve got to transfer money from my account in the states to a bank in Panama. Both banks will charge a fee. Last time I transferred money from my bank in the states to my bank in Panama, it cost me $80. That’s a steep fee to pay on top of a monthly charge of $110.
Since we just opened the storage unit a couple of months ago, going there and paying in person hasn’t been too much of an inconveinence as it gives us a chance to organize. But I can’t see that being worthwhile after a few more trips.
So what’ll we do after that? I suppose we’ll make quarterly cash payments. But transactions like this would be so much easier if they could be done with a credit card like all businesses do in the states.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment