Sunday, June 5, 2016

Michael: Nearly Naked


Light shines in the clouds
With a smile that promises
The angels are here.

Tuesday, June 2, 2016

Trail Runner magazine sent me an email that claimed I don’t need to bring water or nutrition on runs less than 90 minutes. Running without any pack or my watch beeping every 20 minutes to eat or drink seems rather daring, but yesterday I thought I’d give it a go. If I ran at my usual pace the trail run we did yesterday would take exactly 90 minutes, so if I crawled in or was dying of thirst, then I’d chalk it up to the 90 minute rule not working for me.

But not only was it not a problem, it was joyful. Running free of a pack, I almost felt naked. Next time out I’m going to take it up a notch and not even wear my watch. I can’t even imagine a time before college when I ever did that. In fact I almost always own two watches to insure that I’ll always have a working timepiece ready to be shackled to my wrist.

Running sans pack and watch; That’s going to feel as close as I’ll ever get to streaking. I hope I don’t enjoy it too much or I may even want to go the Full Monty. That might be fun but I doubt my wife or anyone that saw me would be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment