Monday, April 6, 2015

Kimme: Monday, April 6, 2015

My first lesson from my new exercise commitment: 

Do things in order of priority

One of my biggest goals for my sabbatical year has been to take the time to break some bad habits.  A couple of which is doing things out of order and committing to things before I know I can handle them.  So before I started this exercise challenge I did a lot of research and figured out the best way I could address all of my issues.  I ordered the Woss suspension system from the states which was no small task because there are no formal addresses here.  Ordering the stretching book  was easier because a kindle edition was available.  Signing up for Dailyburn was no problem but our slow  internet speed made it too unpredictable and I had to download a bunch of backup exercise videos to use when the internet fails me.    So I felt prepared and assumed I was doing things in order.  And as far as the commitment thing.  I actually tried out each of the workouts to make sure I could stick with it for awhile  (except for the Woss system which still intimidates me...but I did get Michael into it and he has already created a routine and done it at least 5 times and loves it...which is a very good sign for me)  And I even made sure I could work out for 10 days in a row before I committed to really committing.  What I messed up on was choosing health and exercise as my first resolution. In the last couple days since I made my resolution everything else in my life has reared its head saying that it should have been the first thing that needed to be fixed.  Luckily, I did not get too thrown off...but now I know that even on a sabbatical I will not have the luxury of fixing one thing at a time.  And I am going to have to learn to do things according to priority if I do not want to get derailed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment