
We just got in from a long day out doing a couple errands. The closest health food store is a 3 hour one way bus ride from where we live. As soon as we got back Michael got dressed for the second part of our workout today. We did a quick speed workout before we left in the morning and now he wanted to do his quick Woss routine which worked out great for me because his routine is one minute on and one minute rest which made it easy for me to jump in during his rest period to get a quick introduction to the Woss System. It turned out to be a lot of fun and even though I am not coordinated it was very easy to pick up. I can already tell it will serve its purpose of increasing my balance and coordination. I had tried the TRX ( the original bodyweight suspension program) system at my gym years ago and mentally bookmarked it as something that I would get into when I had more time. So now that I have more time I looked into it and ordered the more affordable knock off. Woss. There are a bunch of knock offs and it took me awhile to weed through reviews to settle on Woss then within the Woss sytems there are a bunch of models, which I went back and forth on for a couple of weeks. Then there was watching and downloading you tube videos of TRX workout routines. That took over a week because I am working with very limited and unpredictable internet time and access which has to be split between finding information on things we cant figure out here (like how to use our cells phones and how to cook or use the unidentifiable vegetables we buy from roadside trucks.) and emailing people at home. But all in all I would say that I spent over 10 hours researching something that I have now been avoiding for over two weeks since I have picked it up. Michael on the other hand, had no interest in hearing about it at all when I was debating which one to get or in watching the videos. And when we had to take a two hour bus ride to pick it up from the mail center he also showed no interest but the next morning when it was workout time, or actually before workout time because, I was still in bed he had it hooked up and ready to go. I told him about the videos but he said he was fine with the one page quick start exercise print out that came with the kit. And so far he has been using it regularly. I know I will get into but it takes me a bit longer to get into any new exercise routine. I have always loved scouting out the new gym, yoga studio and every fad fitness class but it takes awhile to figure out if it is something that would work in the long run. In Los Angeles there were so many choices. And now I am finding that even here in rural Panama there are are almost limitless choices. Despite this, I am hoping that here I will learn to spend more time exercising than researching. And hopefully, that lesson will roll over into my work life as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment