Why didn't the bus stop for me?
Not sure and not terribly offended either. I have have been on so many buses here that I know that it could have been any one of a dozen reasons. When I saw it wiz by I immediately started to chase after it and when I realized it wasn't going to notice me and stop I decided I had better keep running because I was supposed to meet up with Michael at a certain point on a really hard trail. The plan was that taking the bus would give me a head start so that we would end up at the finish at the same time. Michael and I run at such different speeds that I usually only see him for a couple minutes even on our long runs. I was a little bummed about this sudden change of plans because that meant that I would have to run past a house with a scary looking dog that likes to chase after me growling and mad. But, once I passed the house and somehow managed to not awaken the dog I felt good. I knew that our plans where messed up but I was running and it felt good that I didn't really need the bus to get to where I wanted to go. I had a back pack filled with water and some homemade sport gel that Michael concocted for us and an after run snack. Something about running with everything that you need for a days adventure on your back is a still a real thrill for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment