Monday, April 13, 2015

Michael: Monday, April 13, 2015




The glistening falls
Paint the unblemished landscape
An angelic white.

Kimme and I were both feeling a little out of sorts yesterday so we changed our plans from our usual Quetzal trail run to the shorter and easier hike to the waterfalls near Finca Dracula.

I didn’t get much sleep the night before last because I hadn’t finished preparing our U.S. income taxes and not only were we in a slight hole I wasn’t sure we‘d end up deeper in or just barely crawling out of, but I was also just worried I didn’t really understand what I was doing since I hadn’t prepared my own taxes for as long as I can remember. And with the net here, which has been unusually reliable as of late, I was concerned it was over due for a wig out and I’d lose all of our input and I’d end up at the internet cafĂ© at the last minute forever trying to do our taxes, or I’d be on the phone forever waiting to talk to someone about an extension.

But all these worries were laid to rest last night when we finally finished and both the Fed and California accepted our on line returns. We pretty much broke even which was also a relief and I found a tax program we both like and hopefully will be able to stick with for a long time to come. With all the flux in our lives this year I’m not sure what will happen tax wise next year, and I’m sure it’s still going to take some time and work, but for now at least we can put that worry to rest and try to catch up on the little bit of rest we lost these last couple of days worrying about our taxes.

Spending the time and energy on taxes has also given me the opportunity to cut back a little bit on my usual workout routine and give my calf some additional time to heal and I now feel I’m ready to ramp back up again. But not today. It’s Monday and that’s becoming even more of a slacker day as time progresses. In fact, I’m going to cut this short and save the reasons why I never skip a workout, even on a tax prep day, a recovery day, a taper day, an injury day…, for tomorrow. Today is an easy day workout out wise and outside of my usual bit of daily tasks, I’m just going to do a bit of research into my next concern; we’ve been here for almost three months now and I’m not sure how long we can stay as tourists without updating our passports. Get back to you on that tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment