Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Michael: Christmas Wishes
The indigenous
Gather at the local bar
Early Sunday morn.
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
What goes round comes round less and less frequently as I’m getting older.
Oddly amusing though has been my almost continuous desire for a new bicycle just about every Christmas. I’m sure those early Schwinn stingrays set my mom back a great deal, and I know I wasn’t nearly as appreciative as I should’ve been given the number of times I left them unsupervised and had them stolen. Sorry ma.
And wrecking the first ten speed she got me (can’t remember if that was for Christmas or a birthday), a beautiful lime green Schwinn World Traveler within a week of getting it, along with my advancing years was, I’m sure, the beginning of my taking over all of the financial responsibilities of cycling.
That has led to less frequent bicycle purchases over the years; particularly as other interests (women, motorcycles, shoes…) came into play. But I’ve always managed to get a new bike about every five years.
I’m almost positive the last motorcycle I had was my last motorcycle. I got out of the saddle after 30 years of driving in one piece and was at the point where the fears of driving were interfering with my ability to drive safely. I haven’t reached that point yet with bicycling. But my next purchase cycle (pun intended) I’ll be around 65. I’m hoping that I’ll still feel confident enough in my skills to get out there and push a racing bike around, but who knows. Either way, I’m going to be highly selective about that next purchase as it could be the last time Santa leaves a ribbon around a bicycle for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment