Friday, December 9, 2016
Michael: Slow Motion
The red morning star
Flickers in the eastern sky
Behind a dark brow.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Based on my experience today, I no longer believe that I’ll see my life flash in front of my eyes right before I die.
Today our neighbor/landlord was kind enough to take us to the Price Smart in David in her old Toyota Landcruiser. The way there was bright and sunny and warm, but by the time we turned around it became apparent we weren’t going to beat the afternoon rain.
As we slowly progressed up the snaky road to Volcan from Bugaba the rain started coming down pretty hard. Almost to the point where looking at the road through the windshield was like snorkeling in gray murky waters.
But the topper was when our neighbor turned on her one small windshield wiper and it progressed across the glass at a comedic, ineffective and hypnotically slow cadence. And that’s what I believe is one of the distinct possibilities of what could very well be my last remembrance of life; staring out the windshield at some gray distorted landscape focusing my last few moments of consciousness on a numbingly slow windshield wiper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment