Thursday, December 1, 2016

Michael: Marching In/Marching Out


Sitting with her hen
Like it was an old pet dog
She pats its small head.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Today was the 4th holiday of the month; Volcan Founding Day, which means the last parade has marched into the horizon and tomorrow hopefully the dry season will quietly walk in wearing a big sunny grin on its face.

Finally, after a very dreary month, we got a good indication that sunny days may be here again. For one, it was clear and warm this morning. When the clouds are behind the Volcano, like they were at dawn today, it’s a pretty good indicator that there won’t be any rain until at least noon. Which was  right on the money.

And at that it only rained off and on for a few hours before clearing up again. That’s not quite a bright warm typical dry season day, but it’s as close as we’ve been in quite a while.

Which means tomorrow, for the first time in three weeks, I’ll probably go on a bike ride. After a few weeks of miserable rain, I’m hoping not to round a sharp descent and come across a sink hole in the road. For that reason alone I’m sure I’ll be a bit nervous until I’ve been over my usual routes again. In fact, I’m probably going to take a bus on the one road that’s taken me down a few times before I saddle up.

Ahhh, the sun. Make yourself comfortable and stick around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment