Saturday, December 31, 2016
Michael: That Damned Whitlock
Many a spider
Are compassionate enough
To poison their mates.
Friday, December 30, 2016
Along with many others, I’ve been thinking about what changes I should focus on in the new year.
Actually, for quite a while I’ve been pondering how I’m going to tweak my workouts so I can become an age group phenomenon at age 60, which is a year and a half away. This coming year, 2017, is kind of a stepping stone year on my way to 2018.
And now, just as I’m dreaming of age group glory along comes news from that infamous Canadian party pooper - Ed Whitlock. The damned bastard holds the age group record for being the only person over 70 to have run a marathon in under 3 hours. And just the other day, at 85, he ran a marathon under 4 hours. I’ve never run a road marathon, but I know that even now an under 3 hour marathon would be a struggle.
I realize age defying wonders like Ed are suppose to serve as inspirations for the rest of us in the AARP nation, but I feel it’s sometimes best to block their accomplishments out of my mind and just focus on where I’m at where I can go from here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment