Thursday, December 8, 2016
Michael: Plain Old Peanut Butter
The tire chasing dogs
Of Nueva California
Are always on time.
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
There are a few grocery items I really miss here. Kimme reminded me of one when she asked what I’d like to get at Walmart when we visit her mom in Michigan this summer. I couldn’t imagine missing anything from Walmart, but she reminded me that we could buy large containers of blueberries there. Ahhh… I do miss blueberries.
Another item I miss, though I’m not sure it’s available at Walmart, is plain peanut butter. They do sell what they call “natural” peanut butter here which contains peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt and molasses. And I suppose since those ingredients are all less than two syllables and might be readable and recognizable to most third graders, the claim of being “natural” may have a bit of legitimacy, but I don’t see why if they’re going to go to the trouble of importing a nut butter why not go all the way and just bring over the peanuts and salt and that’s all variety.
Well now the have. So I have one less thing to be grumpy about. But I guess I’ll still have at least one reason to be excited about visiting a Walmart in Michigan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment