Sunday, July 10, 2016

Michael: Bizarro Honeymoon


The lazy snake road
Winds its way from the ocean
To the cloud forest.

Friday, July 8, 2016

While Kimme was in the states for a month we didn’t see each other. We used Line, which is the same as texting but it also allowed us to make free phone calls. We also emailed everyday. But we didn’t use Skype or any other visual app. It wasn’t for any bizarre religious reason or to prove anything to ourselves, I’m just not good at setting those things up and Kimme gets frustrated trying to show me how.

I don’t feel it caused us any undo hardship and in some ways I feel it helped us appreciate each other’s absence.

We also thought about the days when people would go months or possibly years without being in contact with their spouses. In fact when my dad was in the Marines and would serve his two year overseas tours of duty, I’m sure he and my mom would go for months without seeing each other. And I doubt they talked on a regular basis either. That probably explains why they were able to stayed married for 10 years and the spacing of births between my sisters and brother.

Not that I’m recommending it, or would do it that way again. We’ve talked it over and have decided that if the opportunity arises for either one of us to go to the states and work, we’ll both go. We’re kind of fond of each other and can see traveling for a week or two with each other, but a month is ridiculous.

1 comment: