Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Michael: Christmas in July


A bicycle ride
Is a labyrinth of pain,
Pleasure and focus.

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Kimme will be back from a month in the states on Wednesday, and yes of course, I’ve missed her and all that and we’ll sit down and have dinner and she’ll talk and tell me all about it…

But, hey, let’s cut to the chaste and start unpacking already so I can try out my new Christmas in July toys!

For the good little trail runner I’ve been this year I believe Santa will have packed a pair of Hoka ATR Challenger 11s, an Ultra Aspire Revolt pack, a Craft sleeveless tank and a pair of North Face shorts. I’m hoping I’ll like all those enough to use them in a trail race in August.

My sisters have also given Kimme some chocolate to pass along, which I’m particularly looking forward to now that I’ve stopped having chocolate every night.

And, naturally, now that I’m an adult there’ll be the mandatory couple of pairs of socks, though at least I picked these out myself. One thin pair of trail socks and one Ex-Officio insect repellent socks. I don’t want to be chiggered again.

That’ll be it from the states until the real true blue Christmas in December.
But I’m excited! Yes, Honey, about you being home. Now when do you think you’ll be up for a run?

No comments:

Post a Comment