Wednesday, July 6, 2016
Michael: An Old Dog
Warm dry morning breeze
should be appreciated
before the rain comes.
Monday, July 4, 2016
For both Kimme and I part of the adventure of life is trying new to learn new things. Kimme’s trying to learn weeds and plants. She’s particularly interested in edible weeds and plants.
I like that. Hands on, right at your fingertips and functional. Eventually I’d like to join her in that area of botany, but for now I’d like to rekindle an old interest.
Before I left education I received an M.A. in Physical Education. When California was flush with cash, the Governor, Schwarzenegger at the time, was going to invest heavily in Elementary school physical education and I was trying to be on the front lines of that movement. But as is the nature of state budgets, the funds dried up and it never got off the ground. Shortly thereafter I retired and in the intervening years, I haven’t really kept up with any of the developments in physical education.
But what could be more hands on and functional than your body? Even if I never set foot in the classroom again, I’m very interested in how this strange entity works. And if given the opportunity, I would love to coach or assist either adults or children improve their fitness.
Just like Kimme has her books that start off with the basics, I’ve got a basic anatomy book I’m trying to digest.
Can an old dog learn new tricks? I don’t know about that, but I do know I’ll feel pretty damned embarrassed if I can’t even learn some of the old tricks that I studied hard for and got a degree in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment