Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Michael: Not Net, No Columbo?
Red tailed hummingbirds
Zing between sips of honey
On sparkling green wings.
Friday, July 22, 2016
For the past two days and probably again today, we’ve been without a land line phone or a solid internet connection. I know the two shouldn’t be related, but they are.
However, since we went to storage last week and brought back a packet of favorite films, for the first time in our lives here in Panama, we didn’t have to turn to Columbo for our nightly wind down.
Though that’s a nice change of pace, not having the net at the moment is a bit more problematic than not solving well remembered murder investigations with our favorite detective. No. Right now I’m trying to overcome a fraudulent credit card claim and sign us up for a race in Costa Rica. Both are difficult, if not impossible, to do without the net.
The credit card problem, I believe, should be able to be resolved over the phone. Why they’re requiring that I fax them a copy of my statements, statements that they’re going to pull up and look at anyway, I don’t understand.
The race will require the net for sign up; no ifs ands or buts about it.
So hopefully, by tomorrow we can rejoin the net with however it interacts with our land line phone and resume our lives in this sometimes globally connected world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment