Sunday, July 31, 2016
Michael; Establishing Secure Connection
What we hear as peace
Is a morning of violence
Swirling around us.
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
As the late afternoon clouds begin to gather and rumble, it seems just about certain we’ll go at least another day, which will make it a week, without a land line phone or the internet.
We were able to somewhat mitigate this inconvenience by going to the internet cafĂ© on Sunday. There, I was able to sign us up for a race in Costa Rica. That was a bit of a gamble as Costa Rica uses Colones as currency, so I didn’t discover how much it was costing me until I received an email notification that told me my 50k race is $60 and Kimme’s 21k is $45. Reasonable enough.
But I haven’t been able to call my mom, which I usually do on Sunday’s or Monday’s. Or to email my sister, telling her the net is on the blink again, so to tell mom we’re all right and I’ll call as soon as I can.
Mother has threatened to cut people out of her will for less offenses. Doubt the will is all that lucrative, but do enjoy talking to the old lady anyway and every penny helps.
Otherwise, the only hang up is confirming the faxes of my credit card statements went through so my fraudulent claim can proceed, and planning the rest of our race vacation in Costa Rica.
Without being able to look at bus schedules or hotels and with only a week to go before we leave, those small stressors that would normally have been taken care of, are causing me to get a bit fidgety. A race is stressful enough without travel involved, throw in travel in a foreign country and easily resolved elements (If I had the net.), start pushing the worry indicator into the red zone.
Also, since one of us has to be here in case the repair person shows up, it throws our daily routine off. Nothing we can’t work around, but we don’t want it to get to the point where this small rash of annoyance turns into a festering oozing condition that’ll have us snarling at each other.
I suppose I could go the Moliere route and whistle “Always look on the bright side of life…”, and that would be literally true here, as at least the power hasn’t failed this past week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment