Friday, July 8, 2016
Michael: Las Brisas de Norte
The storm wraps around
The volcano like it was
A hurricane’s eye.
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
The United States Independence Day doesn’t mean much around here. It’s just another working day without fireworks or picnics. But I tried to live up to the spirit of the day by doing one of the next best All American activities - I went shopping. Actually I had an appointment to look at some real estate with one of the local realtors.
The plots we looked at were in a neighborhood called “Las Brisas de Nortes.” The North Breezes, which sounds tranquil enough but could very well be one of those advertising euphemisms, like calling a development “The Maroon Lake,” which means during the rainy season it becomes a swamp.
The 8 flat, featureless rectangular plots are about a quarter mile off the main road down a very nicely paved road that turns into a dirt road. The 1800 to 2500 square foot plots are on one side of the dirt road. Undeveloped land is across the road. Whether that would be subdivided as well in the future the realtor didn’t know.
They’re advertised as selling for between $15,000 to $20,000. That equates to about $25 per square foot. Depending on where you’re coming from or what your expectations are, I suppose would determine whether these plots are a bargain or a rip-off. But we’re in no hurry so unless Kimme sees something in the karma of the properties that I’m overlooking, I imagine we’ll sit tight for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment