Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Michael: Lights Out


The rose and white dawn
Is a soft awakening
After the night’s storm.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

After two blown modems, two ruined splitters, and one shorted out phone, I believe I’ve learned to recognize when a storm is close enough and strong enough to take the precautionary step of unplugging our electrical devices and calling it a night. The other night I just barely beat the storm to the punch.

Shortly after telling Kimme it was lights out time, all the lights as far as I could see into the town of Volcan were put out by the storm anyway. And they stayed that way from about 8 at night until around 7 the next morning.

But that doesn’t mean we were completely out of touch technology wise. I could still read off-line articles on my little Nextpad. That’s just another one of those little adjustments that you’ve got to learn to live with when you choose to live under the volatile conditions surrounding the inactive volcano known as Volcan Baru.

No comments:

Post a Comment