Saturday, July 9, 2016
Michael: Clean Up
Reddish brown possum
Stumbles at the river’s edge
Walking through the grass.
Thursday, July 7, 2016
After a month in the states, Kimme returned to Panama yesterday which meant my life of quasi-bachelorhood was over and it was time to tidy the place up.
I’m not a slob and the place is small so it wasn’t that difficult. Really just scrub, dust and sweep, not a whole lot different than if I were living in the states and company was coming over. Even most of the cleaning products are the same. Here we use Ajax, Clorox, but instead of Pledge we use a knock off called Premio. But it also insist it “brillo y proteccion” just like Pledge does.
There are two differences between the way I clean here and what I would do back home. Here, because of the humidity, very few people have carpeting. Our little cabin, like most of the homes in this area, have tile flooring that most people sweep instead of vacuum.
The other difference is cleaning behind the stove. The little ranges here, because they run on propane are extraordinarily light and easy to move. Cleaning behind them is quick and easy. I didn’t do that this time because I was a bit lazy, but it’s a snap compared to trying to move a stove in the states.
So the place is as bright and shiny as I’m going to get it. If I would’ve remembered to water the plants, I would’ve been an adequate house sitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment