Monday, July 18, 2016

Michael: Tears But No Onions


Gathering around
The possum’s carcass, vultures
Feast upon its death.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Wednesday our phone went out which means we also don’t have internet. It’s now Thursday afternoon.

This morning our electricity went out briefly, but was back up before Kimme was out of bed.

This afternoon we lost our water. Walking to the internet café and the store I saw where the break was and told our landlord, but it’s pretty late in the afternoon, so I doubt that’ll be functioning at full strength until at least tomorrow morning.

But the good news is at least the store I was walking to was finally putting out onions. On Tuesday, we went to New Berard’s, Romero’s, Old Berard’s and a vegetable stand across from Old Berard’s and no place had any onions. That was a first; no phone, no net, no water and no onions.

We can tolerate the occasional outages and shortages, but if Volcan’s shelves are ever emptied out of coffee and chocolate, we’ll be packing our bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment