Saturday, July 2, 2016

Michael: Open Windows


Indigenous child
And I are both traveling
Here as outsiders.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Ahh…leaving the windows open at night. That’s a pleasure I haven’t experienced here in over 6 months. And it’s not that it’s been too cold. It’s been too noisy.

At first it was the stray dogs wandering around the vacant home behind us. Some of them barked or would wander within warning range of our landlord‘s dog, Leah. In response Leah would bark and she has a very heavy bark. Odd thing was, there was this one little dog that she could care less about but that dog was the biggest problem. It would sit there for hours at night and bark. At times I wish I had been a dog psychologist because I could never figure out why it would wait until late at night to come to the same spot and bark.

But when people moved into the vacant home behind us, the strays left. Unfortunately, the neighbors themselves were a bit on the loud side, so the windows stayed closed.

They moved out at the beginning of the month but it wasn’t until last night I realized, hey I can open the bedroom windows up. Opening night and there was a dry lightning show. The occasional soft white light thrown up against the clouds was a long overdue pleasure.

Can’t say how long this will continue, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I won’t have cause to close the windows anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment