Saturday, September 24, 2016

Michael: Battle of the Brownies



Like a ghostly hand
The storm clutches the mountains
With a chilling grip.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

No one makes brownies like good old ma, but there is an ex-pat that sells some pretty damned good ones at the Friday market at Mana’s. And the price is reasonable as well; a dollar for a deliciously moist walnut brownie.

Before she started selling her bits of chocolate heaven I bought brownie like bars from a Panamanian at the market for 3 for $2. A good deal for a decent brownie. For a while I was buying them both, but decided in my concerted effort to eat better and reduce my body fat, to give them both up.

But now, after hearing the Panamanian’s story of her and her husband’s efforts to build a house off of her earnings and his meager social security, I’ve decided to jump back on her brownie bandwagon. Of course this isn’t a completely selfless act. I enjoy them. I’m going to eat them and not give them away. I just wish the ex-pat with the really delicious brownies would come up with a great excuse for me to by some of her brownies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment