Friday, September 23, 2016
Michael: It's Back
Security bars
Prevent me from reaching out
And touching Venus.
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Late Monday afternoon our phone line was repaired, at least until the next dairy truck with new and fully inflated tires comes by. That means we again have access to the net.
I do use the net for some useful purposes like communicating with my family and searching youtube for drawing and Spanish lessons. But I’m also guilty of wasting a great time meandering through the news and looking for sales and reviews of shoes or gear I shouldn’t buy.
Usually I read the news for an hour every morning. This morning the great news was that apparently the earth and most of it’s inhabitants had a relatively calm 4 day stretch while I was out of the loop. Sad to say that after any length of time away from U.S. news I expect to open up my Nextbook to articles about another police shooting, a bombing, some solitary lunatic attack, Presidential crud, and some weather related calamity. Surprise, surprise; looks like the country had decent weather throughout while I was incommunicado.
And speaking of news that hits closer to home and is the reason I can justify looking through the internet sales bin; I loaned my favorite hydration pack out over a month ago to an enthusiastic local trail runner and despite numerous calls, have not heard back.
Just two years ago I would’ve jumped at the chance to get a new pack, but like Clint in Unforgiven, I’m not like that anymore. Or at least I’m trying not to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment