Saturday, September 3, 2016
Michael: Pills and Powders
The cold mountain air
Prods us to curl up at night
Close to each other.
Friday, September 2, 2016
There are clarifying moments in life that need to recalled periodically to keep me on my path.
One of those moments was at dinner with some relatives where a very conservative family member took out a plastic rectangular case that was divided into the days of the week. When he opened this case it contained a variety of pills for each day. I was stunned. I’d never been a drug user and here a much older, staunch Republican was downing a small pharmaceutical’s worth of pills at one sitting. That was never going to be me, I thought to myself. I’m going to stay fit and eat right and avoid drugs as much as I can.
But starting Monday, I’ll begin taking my fourth pill or powder. Monday I’m going to experiment with creatine to improve my strength and bone density. Currently I’m taking vitamin D, B3, and omega 3-6-9.
I know those aren’t drugs, but they are pills and it worries me to turn to something that comes in the same form as most drugs. It may be an exaggerated concern, but I’d like to draw the line at these four supplements unless a doctor can thoroughly convince me through blood tests that I missing something I can’t get through a dietary change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment