Sunday, September 25, 2016

Michael: God is a Small Time Prankster


Breaking up the gray
The speckles of a bird’s song
Begin the morning.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

A few blogs ago I mentioned Armageddon but forgot to make any reference to the big dude, God. Or maybe he’s not a dude. Damned, the dude’s an enigma.  That’s why I pretty much avoid writing about … Him/Her/Whatever.

But it’s pretty hard not to think of God when the world’s suppose to becoming to an end. Of course despite numerous predictions, we’re still here. So what’s that say about the Almighty? Is he too weak to pull it off? Likes to see us twisting in the wind? Doesn’t exist? Doesn’t care?

Here’s my take; God is a personal type of  all powerful being. So much so that playing to a big crowd doesn’t do it for him any more. He’d rather pull a small prank on an individual so he can sneak off with a little insider chuckle. That’s why I like God. He’s given up the fire and brimstone gig and decided to amuse himself with the occasional small relatively harmless hot foot gags.

Take this morning for example. I decided to order some shoes for myself for Christmas (I know - September; another story.). Within minutes of this, as I prepared to go for my Thursday ride, my BOA lacing system on my cycling shoes broke. Coincidence, you say? I say somewhere in some dark corner of the universe a spirit is having a shoulder quivering, trying not to laugh out loud kind of sneaky I’m in church tear inducing giggle fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment