Thursday, September 1, 2016
Michael: The Protector of Fat
The roving dog pack
Unites for a crescendo
Of barking mayhem.
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Marissa, my favorite panaderia server, has now decided to protect me both from stale pastries and pastries she believes have too much fat for me. Though she’s been doing this for months, she didn’t tell me about this until a couple of days ago.
A few months ago a baker came and showed the bakers at Panaderia Molek how to make some new pastries. One of those looked and fortunately tasted very much like a good old U.S. donut shop jelly fill. The difference being that here, the donut is split open so you can see the cream and jelly filling.
When they first made these Marissa allowed me to try one, but since then she’s always shaken me off; like a pitcher that doesn’t like the pitch a catcher’s called. I thought it was because they were stale, but on Friday she finally whispered to me that they were “mas grasa” - “very fat”.
I’m grateful she’s looking out for me, but it is a bit amusing that she’ll happily sell me any fresh pastry that’s basically a slab of sugar, but is worried if I order a pastry that might contain too much fat.
But I’m not going to fight her on this. She’s been too good to us. I’ll just have to hope on the rare occasion that someone else is working behind the counter, the cream fills will be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment