Friday, September 2, 2016
Michael: The Irony of Learning Spanish
Wings that mimic bark
Hide the wood moth from the birds
That would devour it.
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Kimme has recently decided to bare down and make a concerted effort to learn Spanish. That’s good news for the both of us.
Since neither of us is very sociable we don’t get a lot of practice, so if we can at least begin to speak to each other a little bit in Spanish, we’re hoping that’ll accelerate the learning process. It’s been over a year and a half now and we both are a little frustrated that we’re barely able to get past the “Hello, how are you?” basics of the language.
The irony is that the quicker we learn Spanish, the quicker we’ll move back to the states. The way the economy is now in the states, I’d be very hesitant to try to re-enter the job market, even for part time work. But if I had Spanish down, that would make me much more marketable. Heck, I might even want to go back into education as a teacher supervisor, and I’m sure my resume for that position would be enhanced by Spanish fluency; particularly in Southern California.
So estudias mucho, Kimme. Es bien para tu. Es bien para mi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment