Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Michael: Clinton and Trump are Poisoning Me
The quivering leaves
Are tickled by the warm breeze
And playful sunlight.
Friday, September 16, 2016
This is a particularly good time of the year to be living outside of the U.S. Though even being thousands of miles away doesn’t protect us from all of the noxious fall out from the Presidential election.
We don’t have television here, but we do get our internet feeds from the U.S. So this morning when I logged into to get my e-mail AOL blasted me with this headline; “ Doctor: Trump and Putin are Poisoning Clinton.” Wow! I didn’t read the article to find out what kind of doctor was making this claim or if he/she meant they were literally or just figuratively trying to poison her. I rarely read the blurbs that pass by on AOL on my way to check my mail.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t care about what’s happening in the states. My Nextpad came with MSN as a free home page. I like the format of their news. It’s far more sedate than the dire warnings or startling grabbers AOL throws at me. Though, just like AOL, Clinton and Trump still dominate the headlines of MSN.
I do also get a bit of Trump and Clinton through youtube; watching every The Late Show (Ahhh…wouldn’t it be great to have that old tandem of Stewart/Colbert right now.) and some of John Oliver and Samantha Bee.
At least here though, without commercial T.V., I’m not bombarded by campaign adds or CNN reports; special or otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment